Bring It OnEdited by Dream Sequins
My job as editor this week was difficult as many bloggers decided to follow the fierce directive of that cult cheerleading movie, Bring It On. It’s a new decade, and the IFB community decided to “bring it” and then some. (Just to clarify, I’m talking about the original movie starring Kirsten Dunst, and not the subsequent, watered down sequels; because as fashion bloggers, we all have original stories to tell!) This week’s links explore topics such as winter trends, vintage fur care, biker chic style revelations and profiles of 70s and 80s style icons and are so good that they make me want to lead the group in a cheer.
Links à la Mode : January 7th
- 39th and Broadway – NYC Brings Opportunity to Emerging Designers
- A Typical Atypical – My style revolution takes me into the realm of the biker chick, and doesn’t look back!
- amanda lee dot org – Essential sewing skills for wardrobe maintenance
- Bobbins and Bombshells – Fashionable History – Airline Travel
- DailyDivaDish – Indie jewelry designer Debra Mitchell’s newest piece: Tibet. Part of the new SALVAGE line, this necklace is convertible and each contains a piece salvaged from Tibet.
- Darian Darling – The blonde fashion icon of every 80’s Hair Metal skank and rock star’s girlfriend!!
- denimaniac – Woolrich Woolen Mills S/S 2010 Lookbook
- Dream Sequins – A studio visit with designer Katie Gallagher
- Fashion Pulse Daily – We Love Colors will fulfill your legwear fantasy, as Fashion Pulse Daily quickly discovers!
- ferOHHHsh – Bryce d’Anice Aime S/S 2010 RTW … chic LBD’s, pops of red, and those spiked shoulders Rihanna made famous
- Gotham Hipster – Once you’ve indulged in Babycakes there’s no going back
- HiFashion – How to roller set your hair
- Idiosyncratic Style – The Personal Style of Costume Designer, Melissa Stewart
- Oranges and Apples – On the importance of critique in fashion blogging
- Retro Chick – 5 New Years Resolutions you can’t fail to keep
- sighsandwhispers – A history and analysis of the style of a notorious teenage groupie in the 70s, Lori Maddox
- Style on a String – An interview with Judy Kou, owner of the fabulous online dress shop – Sunday Brunch Dress
- Styletastic – We’re finding it hard to adjust to a new year at Styletastic, but here are some things we can all look forward to!
- The Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire – I already knew I was going to wear a black sequins belt and beret for NYE, but I wanted some fun shoes to add to the mix; I couldn’t find anything I liked though, so I decided “when in doubt, make your own”
- The door in my wardrobe – How to choose a vintage fur and take care of it – plus DIY repairing & maintenance for the brave of the heart
- wit & whimsy – The winter trends you should be wearing