Choices, Choices!Edited by Dream Sequins
At this time of year, even the smallest decision can feel like the biggest burden. As holiday shopping season swings into full and relentless motion this month, the choices we make as consumers can often feel overwhelming. This week’s compelling roundup of reading explores these choices from every possible angle and makes it clear that as bloggers, we should feel empowered, not overwhelmed. Whether it’s writing about a specialty gift guide for a geek chic girl, choosing the perfect red lip color or even exploring the nuanced difference in quality between designer and mid-priced items, these choices are what make us unique and connect us as an independent fashion blogging community.
Links à la Mode : December 10th
- A Typical Atypical – Get into vintage 50’s housewife mode for the Christmas season!
- Bobbins and Bombshells – Fashionable History: L’Officiel de la Mode Archives
- Brunette and Pink – Holiday Makeup Inspired by the Sephora 2009 Holiday Sephora Catalog using Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II
- dramatis personae – High Fashion & High Art… Two Worlds Apart? Thoughts, Arguments, & Solutions for the Knock-off Debate
- Dream Sequins – A bling-tastic evening at jewelers, Doyle and Doyle.
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Fashion Pulse Daily finally finds a handbag that meets her very particular requirements.
- Fashion X K8 – Spotlighting the stylishly subtantial Desirée Rogers and challenging the press’s idea that those who fill jobs seeped in tradition should not only maintain the “tradition” but refrain from being eye-catching.
- Fasshonaburu – Shopping for the Geek Chic Girl: Holiday shopping advice for the girl who loves fashion as much as video games, gadgets and Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
- M.I.S.S. – She’s Crafty: DIY Ruffled Suspenders
- Oranges and Apples – The Sapeurs: vibrant and elegant street style from the Congo.
- Rags to Reverie – A Fab Four Fanatic’s review of the Comme des Garçons x The Beatles collaboration.
- Retro Chick – Fashion Economics – Are low cost retailers forcing us to be wasteful?
- Sophisticated Insanity – Take a look at the lady behind Rare bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel
- Style on a String – Leggings vs. Tights: The difference, how to buy them and what to wear (and not wear) with them.
- Style Symmetry – Christmas Gift Ideas for Him, For Her and Secret Santa…
- The Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire – Two days ago, it was 36 degrees out…today, I didn’t even have to a jacket- that’s New England!
- THE COVETED – Love bold red lips? Check out the Ultimate Red holiday collection.
- TheWorkingWardrobe – Here are some tips on how men can work jewelry at the office without any raised eyebrows.
- Thrift Eye – Dreaming of Shearling: Save up for the nice stuff and be warm or go with the cheap and be cold?
- ventures of jenn. – A spotlight on Berlin label Reality Studio.
- Wicked Whimsy – Practical Quality: Looking into what the difference, if any, is between a mid-range item & a designer item.