fabulous student work at the Cool versus Cruel fur-free competition event
November, you are killing me (and my wallet)!
With holiday sales season peaking right now, I've been allowing myself the occasional indulgence. This week was full of many fun activities, including the Shrimpton Couture meetup, checking out fabulous fur-free student fashion at the Cool versus Cruel event sponsored by The Humane Society and a preview of the Refinery29 pop-up sample sale shop, Save Fashion (which opens today). And this weekend, I'm looking forward to a little rest and relaxation. Hope you enjoy these brief weekend links (sorry it's been a hectic week and I'm still catching up on my blogs)....
- Check out my guest editor picks at stylebite, including my continuing obsession with harem pants (this time in velvet)...
- The lovely Nicole of Le Mode Du Jour is blogging 40 days of outfits under the strict rules of a shopping ban. She's looking really cute this week. (Also, Nicole, I know I pledged solidarity on the ban, but I'm failing really badly!)
- Midtown Girl did a post last week about fun fall-centric activities in the city, and the free skating pond at Bryant Park is one of them. I am dusting off my ice skates!
- Save Fashion urges those of you on shopping bans to do your part to save fashion (and retail)... Expect menswear and womenswear from downtown favorites such as Rogan, Steven Alan, Cheap Monday and shoes from Devotte and Marais. I was drawn to racks of feminine clothes by Rachel Antonoff and Wren. The sale opens at Inventory Soho today at 7 am and continues through Sunday November 22. Check out the website for more details.
- Save the Date for the Wendy Brandes jewelry pop-up pre-holiday sale! Friday November 20th and Saturday November 21st. She says pre-holiday-- I say happy birthday to myself... Check out this post for all the details, including RSVP info!
What are your plans for the weekend?