Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I spent most of my time catching up on sleep and catching up with friends... Just had a lazy, lovely time. The Mr. is back from his business trip to London. Sadly, I didn't tag along like Betty Draper for Don's trip to Rome on last night's episode of Mad Men. BTW, how amazing was that brief slice of La Dolce Vita Rome on the episode? Here are a few fun tidbits to help you start your Monday right...
I've been thinking about ways to improve giveaways for the blog, and would love your input. Would you like to see more giveaways on Dream Sequins? Less? Do away with them all together? If you have a few moments, could you please help me with this online survey? Thank you so much... I really value your opinion!
Awards and Tags
Two amazing bloggers sent some awards love my way, and how could I resist?
Brigadeiro sent me the Kreativ Blogger award. So fun! I am supposed to disclose seven things about myself, so here goes:
- The Mr. and I are addicted to magazines. How addicted? Let's just say that we could open our own magazine stand with our mountain of periodicals.
- I own several pairs of oversized round sunnies. I keep gravitating towards this shape.
- I hate those "How to Dress for Your Age" type features in fashion magazines.
- I am starting to develop a taste for "tacky" fashion. Not quite Versace or Christopher Kane tacky, but getting there. Slowly.
- When I was 13 years old, I was pretty clueless about fashion, unlike some wunderkind bloggers out there. My idea of a fashionable outfit then consisted of hitched up plaid shorts and a tee shirt with koala bears on it.
- I love how babies look like tiny versions of older people: with their wispy hairlines and their funny speech patterns. They're so weird. And awesome.
- I have never owned a pair of cowboy boots.
- Midtown Girl
- Manju Gone Blog
- Pink Bow
- The Sydney Girl
- Solo Lisa
- Lenore Nevermore
- Bailey and Meister Through the Looking Glass
Where's your cell phone : dunno
Your hair : black
Your mother : amazing
Your father : funny
Favorite food : pizza
Dream last night : golf
Favorite drink : champagne
What room are you : living
Fear : death
Where were you last night : home
Something that you aren't : allergic
Muffins : tops
Where did you grow up : LA
What are you wearing : tee
Your pets : none
Friends : loved
Something you're not wearing : scarf
Favorite store : many
Favorite color : grey
Last time you laughed : then
Your best friend : soulmate
Place you go to over and over : LA
Person who emails you regularly : Mr.
Favorite place to eat : balthazar
I would like to tag the following five "over the top" bloggers who make my day with their over the top ways:
...and a weird non-fashion-related dream from last night
I just wanted to share this weird dream with you from last night. The Mr. and I took a late night trip to some top secret resort (sort of like an abandoned country club) in the middle of the desert where people were playing tennis and golf in the moonlight. At the rental center, we discovered that they had run out of ladies' clubs, so I was testing out a ludicrously long driver. I would say that the club was about 25 feet long.
Your interpretive guess is as good as mine... Hope you enjoy the week ahead!