Playing Dress Up
Edited by JordanaI’m in the process of moving to New York City, just in time for Fashion Week, which kicks off in two weeks. In browsing through all the link submissions this week, I couldn’t help but tie it all back to one very important question lingering on my mind – what the heck am I going to wear? This week’s round-up speaks to the art of ”getting dressed.” We have inspiration posts from Cake not Coke and Style on the Street, style how-to’s from Denim Debutante (she was also quoted in the WSJ this week, here!) and The Coveted, and a variety of interviews. One of my favorites was Prom Mafia’s DIY for converting your boyfriend’s tee into a tunic – love it!
For those planning to attend fashion week, make sure you RSVP for the IFB Dress Up Soiree and panel discussion on evolving influence! Special thanks to Moxsie and Microsoft Windows phones for their support!
Links à la Mode : August 27th
- 39th and Broadway: Are You a Fashion Sellout?
- Brick My Lane: Interview with Fee Doran, aka Mrs Jones – the woman behind Oxfam DIY and that famous white catsuit.
- Cake not Coke: Vanity Fair Setpember ‘09 Toujours Couture - A Stitch in Time.
- Chicago Style: Interview with Monica Dimperio, of the Chicago street style blog The MidWasteland
- Clutch 22: Exclusive scoop on Seattle indie greentrepreneurs – Sara Seumae of SPUN Clothing collaborates with Tara Smith of Revival Ink (plus a contest)
- Denim Debutante: The reasons you should love Rich & Skinny denim, along with tips for the three best cuts and how to wear them
- Dramatis Personae: Unveiling the feminine fashion stylings of independent designer Claire la Faye…
- Dream Sequins: Shoptalk with Cherie of online vintage marketplace Shrimpton Couture, which collaborates with emerging designers
- Fashion Pulse: Check out the new trend in leggings, by way of geometric prints and loads of grey!
- Independent Fashion Bloggers : Dress UP for NYFW
- Prom Mafia: Raid your boyfriend’s closet: How to turn his t-shirts into cute girly tunics
- Retro Chick: What happens at a Burlesque Lesson?
- Saved for Best: Girls on Film – A celebration and run down of the best-dressed films
- Shop Fair: Top 5 obstacles fair trade and “green” fashion labels have to overcome to be more successful
- Style on the Street: Three photoshoots inspiring trends for the next season
- Style Symmetry: The Symmetry Seven with Rhiannon of Liebemarlene Vintage
- Sweet Fuzz: Rustic Elegance - independent fashion designer Dace’s beautiful Fall line
- The Coveted: Charlotte Russe Review – Mixing in Fast Fashion
- The Demoiselles: Shopping for your body type is hard enough without a recession; shopping on the cheap is even harder