When I started Dream Sequins last year, I intended to keep busy in between freelance writing assignments. And while I expected to learn more about emerging and independent fashion through other blogs and my interviews, I never expected to encounter such a wonderful community of new friends. Finding your way in the blogosphere is a bit like maneuvering a high school cafeteria when you're the new kid in town. You're still feeling your way through cliques and clusters, trying to find a place where you belong. So for all of you who let me sit at their proverbial table... Thank you! From the bottom of my heart-- thank you!
A special shoutout to the lovely bloggers who tagged me with a "Lovely Blog" award and are delicious bloggers in their own right:
- Ashita of Les Nymphs, an Aussie with a wicked sense of style;
- Shrimp Salad Circus;
- Leigh of Constant Cravings, whose blog is a lovely visual buffet;
- Oceanside Creations;
- Carlotta of Carlotta - My Way, my favorite boho chic Italian princess; and
- Brigadeiro, yet another Aussie poised for global style domination.
The rule of this game is to tag 15 bloggers you have discovered and want to share with the rest of the world. Et voila:
- The genius blogger behind Should Be On the Nanny, which reimagines Nanny Fran in high fashion frocks;
- Eden of Chic in the Tropics, who is bringing mad style to Cebu, Philippines;
- Emma of All in Your Inner Space, who is fiercer than Alice Dellal - holla;
- Jozee and friends at This is What Adults Wear, which is about fierce grown-up fashion;
- Denise at The Swelle Life, who mixes edgy with Francophile prettiness;
- Jordana of Clutch22, not new to me, but lately she's been doing a lot of great video and how-to style posts!;
- Stefania of Text Styles, which is about edgy streetstyle in Toronto;
- Allison of Whenever Wearever, who dresses with a classical edge out of Oxford;
- LJ and Fi of SOS! Save Our Shoes, rad girls who make us want to do action photo shoots mid-air;
- Hanh of Life in Travel, whose shoe closet will probably make you pass out from sheer lust;
- E of District of Chic, who is restoring my faith in DC style (YES WE CAN);
- Mizz J of Being High Maintenance Not Bitchy, another stylish Canadian!;
- XS from Extra Skinny, damn this girl is brilliant;
- Mel of Wrecked Stellar and
- Her equally stylish twin sister, Becs of Style with Benefits
If you're noticing a lot of style bloggers on my list, I'll have you know that their style and experimentation is definitely rubbing off on me. Thank you, ladies, for helping me overcome some camera shyness. Some new style posts (a little sneak below) are in the works for next week!
above: Carin Wester A/W 09 halter vest (worn as a dress; sadly a borrowed sample) and Miu Miu patent booties
If you are just catching up on Dream Sequins, I posted two wonderful Behind the Blog interviews with two of my favorite bloggers, Felicia Sullivan and Brigadeiro. This week, I also interviewed one half of wonderful design duo Daphne and Vera Correll, who specialize in the most amazing knits.
If you haven't already done so, I urge you to visit my wonderful giveaway celebrating my 100th post. There are many great prizes available and I'd love for you to win something awesome. What-- you haven't entered yet? Get to it NOW before June 5th!!!
Enjoy your weekend, gorgeous!